Across the world there are many symbols of luck. Wherever you may find them and however long they have been considered lucky the big question remains, can these artefacts of luck assist you in getting lucky on the lotto?
Previously we have investigated the rabbit’s foot as a token of good luck, in this news item we graduate to a full animal. The cat!
The Lucky Cat
Throughout many cultures the cat has traditionally been seen as a positive omen. Perhaps going back to their original role as mice catchers the positive connotations may have arisen as a result of them assisting in preserving the food supply from rodents and other small creatures.
Over time the positive omens associated with domestic cats became more refined and directed towards certain types of cats in particular, for example, the Tortoiseshell cat. The Tortoiseshell cat is not a specific breed and merely refers to the tortoise shell pattern apparent on the cats’ fur. This type of cat is considered especially lucky in the United States of America (and thus would be a perfect companion for all your Powerball, Mega Millions and SuperLotto Plus predictions).
There is however, one type of cat that is considered especially unlucky – the black cat. It is deemed a very bad omen to have a black cat cross your path. If you or a neighbour owns a black cat ensure that the animal is well out of site when making your next lottery prediction.
The Legend of Lucky Cats
Legends and superstitions surrounding cats and luck are many. Here are just a few:
- If a cat follows you home it means good luck
- If a white cat crosses your path or enters your house it means good luck
- If you dream of a white cat it means good luck
- If you dream of a ginger cat it means you will be lucky in money and business
- A cat sneezing is a lucky omen for all those who hear it and may indicate future wealth
- Finding white hair on a black cat will bring you good luck
- If you kill a cat you will have 17 years of bad luck
- In France it was believed that black cats could find buried treasure. Find an intersection where five roads connect each other, then let the cat loose and follow him to the wealth.
As you can see, cat folklore seems to favour the cat as a symbol for luck and wealth. If you are in the market for a new family pet, perhaps you may wish to consider enlisting the services of a lucky cat.
If you have an allergic reaction to cats, don’t worry, there are many more lucky symbols and good luck tokens out there for you to try!
If you find one out there that works for you make sure you keep it close.
Remember, you can earn lotto points for commenting on our news items.
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2019 Play UK Internet N.V