Larry Gambles is a lucky man. The fortunately named lottery player won over $1 million on the lottery. If the fact that his name suited his lucky streak wasn’t enough to make us sit up and read further, then finding out that this wasn’t the first time he won the lottery should, as nine years ago, he won $50,000 with the same set of lucky lotto numbers.
Gamble few bucks on tonight’s $415 million Mega Millions draw and you may end up becoming and instant multi-millionaire in your own right!
Mr Gambles lucky lotto numbers were: 1, 6, 12, 14 and 25. They were all drawn in the Lucky Day Lotto game on June 7th, and allowed this lucky man to once again pocket another huge lottery win.
“Nine years ago, I won $50.000 playing the numbers from the jerseys of my high school basketball team. I’ve been playing the same numbers ever since. I can’t believe they paid off again,” said Mr Gambles, who is a retired school administrator.
Mr Gambles purchased his winning lottery ticket at the Country Club Hills gas station. He went back to the gas station to double check his lottery ticket and that’s when he realised that lightening can strike twice.
The odds of winning the Lucky Day Lotto are 1 in 1,221,759. After the retired school administrator confirmed his second win, he told his family the good news.
"They couldn't believe that I won the lottery again," he said.
Mr Gambles said his family and friends will definitely get a fair share of his latest lotto jackpot, and when asked, what advice he had for other lottery players out there hoping to follow in his footsteps, Gambles said it’s essential to have patience.
“Pick your favourite numbers and stick with them. It worked for me,” said the lucky lottery player.
If there was a prize for a lottery millionaire with the most fitting last name, Larry Gambles would certainly win it.
When the name fits the job
As we know, many surnames, evolved through being used via a person's family profession which determined their surname way back when in the first place - hence all those Butchers, Bakers, Smiths and Taylors.
Having a name that reflects one’s job or characteristics is known as an Aptronym, here are a few that we found online, that will make you smile:
- Bob Diamond - President and CEO of Barclays. He received a bonus of £6.5 million this year.
- Rich Ricci - CEO of Barclays Capital. Rich was paid £44 million last year.
- Patty Turner – Wait for it… Late wife of McDonald's CEO Fred Turner.
- Bill Cash - MP who claimed more than £15,000 in expenses to pay his daughter's rent.
- John Doolittle & Tom DeLay - Republicans who argued against any action on the ozone hole. Oh boy.
- Alan Heavens - Professor of Astrophysics at Edinburgh University.
- Lionel Tiger and Robin Fox - Authors of, The Imperial Animal.
- Sara Blizzard - Weather Presenter for East Midlands Today.
- Lord Igor - Judge Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
- Sue Yoo - Associate at Sullivan & Cromwell legal firm, New York. Nice.
- Marina Stepanova - Former Soviet athlete. Stepanova she was the first woman to run under 53 seconds in the 400m hurdles.
- Layne Beachley - Seven times women’s world surfing champion.
- Dr. Russell Brain - British neurologist who wrote about the brain and edited a medical journal dedicated to neurology called Brain.
So if your surname is Lottering, Ball, Lotter, Cash, Rich or Luck to name just a few – we suggest that you play the lottery online right now!
As for my name…. I shudder to think.
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V