On the 22nd of April every year, over a billion people in 190 countries take some form of action on Earth Day. Whether you’re in San Francisco, San Juan, Beijing, Brussels, Moscow or Marrakesh, you will come across people planting trees, cleaning up their communities and much more – all on behalf of the environment.
Earth Day 2014 will be celebrated just like that of previous years and will focus on the unique environmental challenges of our time. As more and more of the world’s population migrates to the cities and the reality of climate change becomes increasingly clear, the need to create sustainable communities is now more important than ever.
With the help of International Earth Day, people around the globe will seek to do just that. Every year there’s a new Earth Day theme. This year’s global theme is: Green Cities. Forward thinking, smart investments will all contribute to a sustainable future. After all, nothing is more powerful than a collective action of a billion people.
There are many ways to celebrate the earth day:
- Plant a tree or three.
- Make time for outdoor activities with your children, such as making a home for a bird on a tree and discuss their role in the ecosystem.
- Encourage people around you not to use plastic bags to avoid soil and water pollution.
- Teach your children about the recycling and reuse of the old materials.
- Get friends and family members together and clean up your neighbourhood.
- Take part in the educational sessions like seminars, discussions and other competitive activities related to the safety of natural resources of the earth.
- Motivate people by wearing green, brown or blue clothes for displaying the environmental colours.
- Encourage people around you that they should live as though every day is Earth Day and that we should take care of our earth on a daily basis.
World Earth Day Themes Over The Years:
World Earth Day 2014 - “Green Cities”.
World Earth Day 2013 - “The Face of Climate Change”.
World Earth Day 2012 - “Mobilize the Earth”.
World Earth Day 2011 - “Clear the Air”.
World Earth Day 2010 - “Reduce”.
World Earth Day 2009 - “How Do You Get Around”.
World Earth Day 2008 - “Trees Please”.
World Earth Day 2007 - “Be kind to the earth – starting from saving resources”.
While our sentiments agree to cleaning up the planet, we would also like you to improve your immediate environment with the huge €116,000,000 SuperEnaMax and $150,000,000 USA Powerball jackpots.
Winning one or both of these massive cash prizes can give you the most amazing and sustainable future.
Are you going to do a little something today? If so, let us know in the comments section below and you never know, you might just encourage other's to follow suit!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V