Our favourite lottery, Euromillions, is making a change as to how they cap their top jackpots! Find out more about the new Euromillions jackpot capping procedure on PlayHugeLottos.com
Euromillions is no stranger to change with at least two major Euromillions changes having taken place last year in May: the addition of a Euromillions Tuesday draw (bringing the total number of Euromillions draws per week to two) and the addition of two extra star numbers. Overall the odds of winning a prize improved from 1 in 24 to 1 in 13.
So what is the deal with the new Euromillions Jackpot Cap?
• On Friday 17 February the EuroMillions jackpot cap will be set at a permanent €190 million Euro
• The new Jackpot rule will stop any two consecutive draws offering that maximum €190 million jackpot
So, if no lottery players are able to match all 7 lucky Euromillions numbers two weeks in a row, the Euromillions jackpot prize fund will be rolled down to the next highest prize tier, provided of course that there are winners in that tier, otherwise it will roll down further
Here is an example of how the new Euromillions Jackpot cap will work:
• The Euromillions jackpot reaches €190 million after a number of jackpot rollovers
• This capped Euromillions draw then rolls over again
• The jackpot for the next draw will remain at €190 million Euros
• This 2nd capped Euromillions draw is still not won the jackpot fund will be shared by lottery players at the next winning tier - more than likely the 2nd tier where the players have matched 5 balls + 1 star number tier
There you have it folks, the new Euromillions Jackpot cap which will be coming into effect shortly. We wish you all the best of luck when you play Euromillions – and here’s to you taking home all €190 million Euros!
Tell us what the FIRST thing is that you would buy if you won the maximum Euromillions jackpot of €190 million Euros. The best responses will each win 5 FREE Euromillions vouchers.
Rules for commenting:
Please do not tick "Notify Me" if you do not want to be notified.
It takes a while to approve every comment so please do not post again when your post does not immediately display
Comments close on 10th February 2012
This competition is now closed. Thank you for all who entered. The winners selected are as follows:
You have all had 5 Euromillions vouchers added to your account. Good luck for tonights €15,000,000 Euromillions draw!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V