Some lotto players might say that the best car is a yacht. For others, the best house is also a yacht! For yacht fans it doesn’t get any better than Roman Abramovich’s ‘Eclipse’!
While a beachfront house would undoubtedly be on the top of the ‘to-buy’ list for any new lotto winner, there are those that prefer getting a little closer to the water.
Roman Abramovich’s Yacht the Eclipse certainly ‘eclipses’ all other privately owned sea going pleasure vessels. It would unfortunately also eclipse even the biggest lotto winner’s budget!
Let’s take a look at some of the interesting points about Mr. Abramovich’s incredible yacht:
- The Eclipse is owned by Roman Abramovich, the 53rd richest man in the world with an estimated fortune of £8.4billion
- It was built in Germany in 2010 with a price tag of £1billion (one would have to win the UK Lotto 250 times over to pay for it)
- Measuring 557ft in length, it is the largest private yacht in the world
- The yacht can accommodate 62 guests and 50 crew members
- It has a top speed of 25 knots with a cruising speed of 22 knots
- There are 2 helicopter landing pads
- For maximum relaxation there are two swimming pools, several hot tubs, a steam room and a disco hall
For the paranoid billionaire the yacht is also fitted with a series of security features to ensure the safety (and privacy) of the hugely wealthy owner and his guests. These defence features include:
- Bullet-proof windows
- Its own missile defence system
- The master suite is armour-plated
- The yacht comes fitted with a mini submarine with internal boarding for quick escape
- Anti-paparazzi shield with lasers to block camera lenses
Not being content with simply owning 1 mega-Yacht, the Russian oligarch owns another 3 other incredible yachts: the 377 foot long Pelorus, the Ecstasea (282ft) and the Sussurro (161ft).
For interest, Abramovich, who owns Chelsea Football Club, once lent one of his yachts, the Pelorus, to Chelsea footballers Frank Lampard and John Terry as a ‘bonus’ for playing well.
In total, the annual costs to run his fleet of yachts are approximately £16million which includes full tanks of petrol (about £70,000 per yacht).
It is crazy to think of the kind of money that billionaires like this spend on themselves. But then again, it is their own hard earned money and surely they can spend it on the things they choose? What do you think?
Tell us your thoughts on Roman Abramovich’s incredible yacht and billionaire spending. The top 5 comments will each win 5 FREE tickets into the UK Lotto.
Please note: It takes a while to approve every comment so please do not post again when your post does not immediately display.
Thank you for everyone who commented on the article. We have chosen the following winners:
You have each had 5 UK Lottery vouchers added to your account. Best of luck when playing!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V