This Friday will be the 11th Day of the 11th Month of the year 2011 – 11/11/11. Could this be the perfect date to chance your luck on the Euromillions lottery?
As fans of the lottery and Euromillions in particular, we have to ask ourselves, “Are certain dates luckier than others” – especially certain date configurations? It would be hard to argue that the convergence of day, date and year could not serve as a sign of something special about to happen.
This could be a powerful day for all players of luck based games, not just lottery players. In fact, it might be worthwhile to consider all areas where you could include the number 11 into your life on this day. Are you having a dinner party on Friday night? Why not invite 11 people?
What is so special about the number 11?
The number 11 occurs repeatedly in life in relation to special events and has a unique significance for a number of reasons, including:
- It is the first number that cannot be counted on a human’s two hands additively.
- Most team sports have 11 players, including Soccer, Cricket, American Football and Hockey.
- World War 1 ended on November 11th (Many people around the world observe a moments silence at 11am local time on November 11 each year in honour of soldiers who fought for their country).
- Apollo 11 was the name of the spacecraft that carried the first astronauts to the Moon.
- It is the first palindrome prime number e.g. 111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
How can lottery players take advantage of this date?
As lottery players we are observers of luck and fate in life. We need to be aware of strange dates and number occurrences in life.
- If you are trying your luck on Euromillions or Megamillions this Friday, then the number 11 might be worthwhile including in your entries.
- If you are playing the Megamillions you can choose the number 11 in your main set of numbers AND for your Mega ball number.
- If you are playing the Euromillions you can choose the number 11 in your main set of numbers and you can include the number 1 as one of your Star numbers. Or alternatively you can select the numbers 5 and 6 for your Star numbers (because they add up to 11).
- Why not place 11 entries into your favourite lottery on Friday night?
- Start a lottery pool containing 11 players and enter the Friday Euromillions draw.
Don’t wait for the 11th hour
The 11th Hour means leaving something for the last possible moment and it can often imply a situation of urgency or even an emergency. Make sure you don’t leave it to the 11th hour before playing your lottery numbers on Friday!
Who knows, checking the lotto results on the morning of the 12th November may just turn out to be one of your most memorable moments in life.
Do you have any unusual superstitions? What are your thoughts on luck and fate? Leave us your comments and the top 11 comments will each receive 11 Pounds play credit (or equivalent currency). Comments close at 11 am, Friday 11th November 2011.
(Please note: It takes a while to approve every comment so please do not post again when your post does not immediately display).
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!
Thank you for everyone who commented on the article.
There were many interesting and varied responses but we finally chose the following winners:
You have each had 11 Pounds (or equivalent currency) Play Credit added to your account.
Good luck for the €66,500,000 Euromillions draw tonight!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2019 Play UK Internet N.V