What would one of the richest men in the world do with a Euromillions jackpot win? Probable answer: Invest the money and give the profits to charity...
For those involved in the world of business and investment the name Warren Buffett will be very familiar to you. Considered by many to the greatest investor of all time, at one point Warren Buffett was listed by Forbes magazine as the wealthiest man in the world (with an estimated net worth of $62 billion).
Through his company Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett has created one of the largest fortunes in the world. Not many can claim the kind of wealth that Warren Buffet has managed to create in his lifetime, but still fewer would consider living the simple life that he has chosen to live given his immense wealth.
In fact, Warren Buffett has given away more money than most of us could ever dream of having in the first place (even if we won the Euromillions lottery a number of times).
He may live a simple and frugal life but he is certainly incredibly generous with his wealth. Here are some other interesting facts about Warren Buffett – the current third richest man in the world:
- He purchased his first share when he was just 11 years old.
- His first job was as a newspaper delivery boy and when he was in High School he ran a pinball machine business.
- He purchased a small farm at the age of 14 with his savings.
- He has purchased shares in many well known companies including: American Express, Disney, ABC Studios and Coca-Cola.
- He lives in the same modest 3-bedroom house he purchased in 1958. It does not have a garden wall and cost $31,500.
- He does not carry a cell phone or have a computer on his desk.
- His children will not inherit the majority of his wealth. Buffett once commented, "I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing".
How would untold wealth affect you? What are your plans on leaving a legacy for your descendants? If you won a fortune on Euromillions would you choose to live simply, would you be charitable or would you spend your wealth in other areas? If you gave to charity which ones would you support?
Comment on the article with your thoughts and one lucky player will receive 5 free Euromillions lottery tickets!
Thank you for everyone who took the time to comment on the article - comments are now closed. We have selected the following winners from across our various language sites:
- Eva D.
- Colleen M.
- Sergio O.
- Łukasz C.
- Christian P.
- Raul L.
- Alexander M.
You have each had 5 Euromillions vouchers added to your account.
Good luck for the €26,400,000 Euromillions draw tonight!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2019 Play UK Internet N.V