When a new lottery is launched, it ignites a fresh burst of excitement and enthusiasm amongst lottery players that is palpable and infectious. This excitement is further hyped up by the fact every lottery player wants to be the first to win its jackpot.
The launch of the Emirates Loto, earlier this year, engulfed the desert oasis into a frenzy. Emirates Loto is the country’s first Fatwa-approved and Sharia-compliant digital collectables raffle scheme with optional weekly draws. It works in line with initiatives from the UAE government to give back to the community and the country.
In April, the UAE collectables lottery held its inaugural and an estimated 20,244 UAE residents walked away with various cash and complimentary prizes in subsequent draws. Its draws are meticulously monitored, taped, audited and maintained under the best international practices.
What is the Emirates Loto and what is it all about? We have compiled the following information to answer that question.
The UAE Collectables Lottery: What you need to know
According to the UAE Collectables Lottery website, the weekly raffle is a Sharia-compliant lottery system. You buy collectables in the form of cards of popular landmarks in the UAE and have the option to enter the weekly draw for free.
Paul Sebestyen, the Emirates Loto CEO, said that the main objective of the weekly raffle is to “donate millions of dollars for the public good and to give back to the community and the country as a whole”.
The UAE Collectables Lottery is open to anyone over the age of 18, not only in the UAE but across the world. You can buy the collectables in retail stores around the UAE, online or through the app. Once the collectable has been purchased, you can either join the free weekly live draw or donate the card to charity.
How is the Emirates Loto “Sharia-compliant”?
The Emirates Loto is a privately owned company with a licence and Fatwa from Abu Dhabi.
A Fatwa is a ruling on a point of the Islamic law that one can be granted by a recognised regulatory authority. According to Fatwa and Sharia principles, an exchange of value needs to exist, which the UAE Collectables Lottery fulfils.
Sebestyen explains that “entering the weekly lottery is completely optional and many who purchased the collectables did not even enter the draw”.
The Emirates Loto draw is similar to those in America and Europe in that you need to select your lucky six numbers from 1 to 49. Its draw is live-streamed across multiple digital platforms weekly. If three, four, five or six of your lucky numbers match the numbers randomly drawn by the UAE Collectables Lottery draw machine, you win.
How to play the UAE Collectables Lottery
- Buy one or more collectables either at retails all over UAE, online or via their app.
- Visit the website or download the Emirates Loto app and create your account.
- Should you have bought your collectables card instore, you can scratch off the panel at the back and register the 16-digit code. Or you can instantly register yourself by scanning the code using the app.
- You can directly play the Loto if you purchased the card online.
- To complete your entry, you will need to choose your six lucky numbers from between 1 and 49.
How to claim your prize
So, you have won an Emirates Loto prize, this is how you claim it;
- Log into your UAE Collectables Lottery on the website or the mobile app.
- To claim your prize, click on ‘my account’ and select ‘submissions and claims’.
- You will have to fill out the online claim form and be sure to submit your claim.
- You will need to register one account to participate in the draw.
- You are free to join the Emirates Loto if you live outside the UAE, provided you meet eligibility criteria. And also you can play the lottery if you are not prohibited or restricted from entering a draw under the laws and jurisdiction of your country.
Emirates Loto suspended, but you can still enjoy international lotteries on PlayHugeLottos.com
The UAE Collectables Lotteries was temporarily suspended to install updates to its systems that will allow for the introduction of more customer-centric touchpoints. No date has been set for the return of the weekly raffle draw, but it is expected it will return later this year.
One of the benefits of playing lotteries on PlayHugeLottos.com are the massive life-changing jackpots on offer. For example, the Powerball jackpot starts at a minimum of US $40 million. How could you not try your luck at such a huge jackpot?
Playing your favourite lottery games on PlayHugeLottos.com is simple; all you need to do is to register your account on our website, deposit money into your account and you can start playing.
Do not miss out on possibly winning a life-changing jackpot. Play the lottery on PlayHugeLottos.com today.