Not all lotteries have the same design and mechanics. Lotto games vary in terms of jackpots, tier prizes, and the lottery odds and jackpot odds. To improve your chances of winning, it's most important to learn about the difference between lottery odds and jackpot odds.
What is the difference between lottery odds and jackpot odds?
Your chance of winning the jackpot is your jackpot odds. The lottery odds, on the other hand, refer to your chances of winning one of the prizes in the game. Aside from the million-dollar pot, all lotteries also offer secondary prizes.
Which lotteries have the best odds?
The jackpot odds are for many the most crucial driver in choosing which lotteries to play. While a million-dollar prize is attractive, it's also best to consider how the odds work.
Here's a quick look at lottery odds for some of the leading lotteries:
1. France Lotto - This lottery draws three times a week and offers some of the best lottery odds in the industry. Your chance of winning any prize in the game is 1:6.
2. UK Lotto - It is the biggest lottery in the United Kingdom and offers lottery odds of 1:9.3.
4. Euro Millions - This lottery is available with one of the biggest prizes and jackpots. Your lottery odds are 1:13.
5. EuroJackpot - EuroJackpot, which was first drawn in 2012, offers lottery odds of 1:26.
6. Lotto 6aus49 - This national lottery of Germany offers players a chance of 1:31 to win any prize.
7. SuperEnaLotto - It is the leading lottery in Italy and one of the oldest in the modern world. SuperEnaLotto offers you a chance of 1 in 22 to match two main balls or about 1:20 lottery odds.
As you can see, the lotteries above offer the best lottery odds. When you look at the jackpots, your chances change a lot. The jackpot odds vary depending on the lottery you are playing.
In practice, you have a lower jackpot chance if the base jackpot is over €1 million. The good news is that you can increase your chances of winning during the draw by knowing the best lotteries that give you the best chance of winning the top prize.
Check out our rankings of the best jackpot odds lottery games:
7. SuperEnaLotto: 1: 622 614 630
6. Mega Millions: 1: 302 575 350
5. Powerball: 1: 292 201 338
4. Euro Millions: 1: 139 838 160
3. La Primitiva: 1: 139 838 160
2. Euro jackpot: 1:95 344 200
1. El Gordo: 1:31 625 100
As the jackpot rises, like in Mega Millions and SuperEnaLotto, the jackpot odds get worse. If you look at lotteries with a significantly lower jackpot, your chance of winning the pot will improve.
Do you prefer better odds with lower jackpots or lower odds with higher jackpots? Let us know in the comments!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V