Playing the lottery is always an adrenaline rush for players. Whether playing the lottery online or buying tickets in store, players need to be smart about how they choose their numbers. With the tips below, players could increase their odds of a win. Check them out and start making your lottery dreams come true!
Related Article: 10 Interesting US Powerball facts players should know
- Avoid buying quick-pick tickets; players should be strategic about the numbers that are chosen for the game.
- Players should never trust emails explaining that a lottery draw has been entered - always report these to the relevant lottery adjudicator.
- All lotteries have rules and when players play by the rules, prizes are paid out with no complications. Read the rules and play sensibly.
- If players are aware of the odds of each lottery, they can choose the right game to play. Know the odds, play the right game and keep your fingers crossed!
- Avoid choosing numbers that repeat the last digit; mix it up and keep it different.
- After the Powerball winning numbers have been drawn, players should double and triple check all the numbers they played. When you play with us we make it even easier by informing you of any win you might have.
- The Irish Lotto is a great example of a lottery to play with lower amounts of numbers. This leaves players with better odds of a win.
- Online odds calculators can help players choose which game has the best odds for their cash. It can be so helpful for players to know that they are in with a shot before paying to play.
- Using lottery software, players can view the numbers that have been played in the past and make good choices with their lottery numbers. This is great for players who follow hot and cold number trends.
- Where possible, players should only ever buy their tickets with their own money - just in case!
- Choose numbers that are unlikely to be chosen by other players. This can help to increase the odds of a win.
- Important money from a players household budget should never be put into the lottery; family first every time. Play sensibly!
- If it is possible, players should put a group together and play in that group. This can increase the odds of a win if the players are in a syndicate rather than playing alone.
- As soon as players are holding a ticket, they need to sign the back of the ticket in case it gets lost. It protects players from loss and theft.
- Prizes won that are bigger than a store can pay out should be claimed as soon as possible after the draw. There is a limited time period to claim a prize so it’s not worth the wait.
- Where possible, play the Powerball lottery online. It’s safer and there’s no risk of a lost ticket!
With so many tips to help you win a lottery, where will you start?
This article forms part of our Powerball Resource Centre.
This post was written by
Jason L - who has written 2987 articles