Fans of the popular TV show LOST will be very familiar with 6 special numbers. PlayHugeLottos.com investigates these mysterious ‘Lost’ lottery numbers a little further.
4 * 8 * 15 * 16 * 23 * 42
The numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 recur throughout the six seasons of LOST. They are perhaps most commonly remembered as the numbers that the character Hurley plays and wins on the Mega Lotto Jackpot (a fictional version of the popular American Mega Millions lottery).
But these numbers appear further throughout the show...
Appearances Of The Lost Lottery Numbers
Not simply an auspicious set of lottery numbers these digits appeared throughout the six seasons of Lost, both together and individually. This may seem extreme but fans of the show will not be surprised when they remember this sequence was depicted as the coefficient in an equation that predicted mankind’s extinction.
Here are some other places where the numbers showed up:
• The sequence of numbers was the serial code of a hatch for a station on the Island
• The numbers appeared in a lighthouse that was used to observe certain characters, with each number correlating to a specific character
• Many characters found that the numbers brought them bad luck, with some characters even ending up in an asylum because of them
• After winning the lottery, Hurley rides past 6 players of a girls' soccer team in the airport, each uniform has one of the Numbers on the back.
• When Hurley's car breaks down the speedometer reading (in km/h) goes from 16 to 15 to 8 to 4. The dashboard displayed a temperature of 23 degrees Celsius and 42 km on the car’s odometer.
• One of the characters has 4815162342 as their court case number
• The flight number of the plane that crashed onto the island was 815
Real Life Examples Of The Lost Lottery Numbers In Action
As you can imagine, because of the massive popularity of the show the Lost lottery numbers (4 – 8 – 15 – 16 – 23 – 42) is one of the most popular set of numbers played in lotteries over the last few years.
The Lost lottery numbers (or very close variations thereof) have made some real-life appearances. Here are a couple of examples:
• Irish National Lottery, 16th November 2005
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 24 was incredibly close, with the final number drawn, 24, being a reversal of the final Lost number, 42.
• Bulgarian Lottery, 6th and 10th September 2009
4, 15, 23, 24, 35, 42 were drawn, twice in a row. No lottery player won the top prize in the draw on the 6th, but a record 18 people guessed all six numbers in the 10th draw.
• American Mega Millions Lottery, January 2011
4, 8, 15, 25, 47 with a mega ball number of 42 were drawn in the Mega Millions lottery. Apparently 9,078 Lost fans won $150 each on the draw.
Your Own Special Lost Lottery Numbers
Do you have a number or set of numbers that you find constantly recurring in your own life? Is there a number or set of numbers that are special to you or that you may think and obsess about often? Special numbers are everywhere in our lives but of course, the most special are those that give you a winning lotto result.
Tell us about your own lucky lottery numbers and the best posts will each win 5 FREE Mega Millions vouchers. Or why not simply play your lucky lottery numbers here on PlayHugeLottos.com!
This competition is now closed! Congratulations to our winners: Felhix, Samson and Marcin. You have all had 5 Free Mega Millions vouchers added to your account. Best of luck to all our lottery players!
Terms and conditions
Credit card transactions are processed by Secure View Services Limited, 3rd Floor Methonis Tower, 73 Archbishop Makarios Avenue, Box 28770, Cyprus, a wholly owned subsidiary of Play UK Internet N.V.
PlayUKinternet and its associated brands operate as an independent ticket purchasing service and are neither associated with nor endorsed by The National Lottery, MUSL, or Camelot Plc, nor any company that manages any product for which their services are employed
© 2016 Play UK Internet N.V